Coverstory books invites submissions for the fifth edition of our New Contexts anthology which we are aiming to publish early in the fourth quarter of 2023. The volume seeks to showcase quality contemporary poetry and fiction, and will be made available worldwide in both Paperback and ebook formats via internet retailers and on order from bricks-and-mortar bookshops.
- Please submit only unpublished work, and pieces submitted should be solely your work.
- Poems should be limited to 60 lines (excluding title). You may submit a maximum of two poems.
- Prose should be limited to 2,000 words (excluding title). You may submit a maximum of one piece of fiction.
- Each piece must be submitted in its own individual document which should be in one of the following formats: Word document; .rtf format; plain text format. The title of the document should be the title of the piece.
- Please include your name and email address at the end of each submission.
- Although you may submit both poetry and prose, submitting more than two poems / one piece of prose – or exceeding the line/word counts specified – will disqualify all the pieces in that submission.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no submission fee. In consequence there is no pool of money to fund prizes / physical complimentary copies.
- The authors of pieces chosen to appear in the anthology will receive a copy of New Contexts: 5 in ebook format. There is no other prize / reward / discount offered.
- Long-listing and final selection will take place during July and August. If an entry is selected its author will be notified accordingly and final approval sought for publication. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Decisions in relation to selection, layout, and format of the final volume will rest with Coverstory books, and all decisions taken in that regard will be final.
- In making a submission the author is asserting that the material they are offering for publication is their own own work, is not subject to copyright elsewhere, and has not been previously published (including on-line). The poet retains copyright over all material submitted.
- Joint submissions are not accepted.
- The author explicitly indemnifies Coverstory books of any responsibility should legal challenges arise over the submitted work.
Deadline for submissions is Friday 30th June, 2023.
You must be logged in to post a comment.