Coverstory books invites submissions for a literary compendium aiming to publish in the Autumn 2021. The volume – “New Contexts: 2” – seeks to showcase contemporary work, both poetry and fiction, and will be made available in both Paperback and ebook formats. The first volume in the series – “New Contexts: 1” – was published on 1st January 2021. Submissions close in 7 days!
- Poetry: please submit up to two unpublished pieces, limited to 80 lines each (excluding title).
- Prose: please submit one unpublished piece, of any length up to 2,500 words.
- Maximum of one submission in each genre per person i.e. one person can submit two poems and one prose piece. Exceeding the specified limits (i.e. submitting more than 2 poems, or more than 1 prose piece, or exceeding the line / word limits) will disqualify all your submissions.
- Submissions should be in one of the following formats: Word document; .rtf format; plain text format. You should submit one file per entry i.e. 2 poems = 2 files.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable. Any entries sent direct to Coverstory books by email will be deleted without review. [The $4 submission fee (per piece) is to cover Submittable costs and contributors’ copies.]
- Please include your name and email address at the end of each piece submitted.
- There is no prize offered for pieces selected other than their publication and a free copy of the book. Subsequent copies of the book will be made available to those contributing @65% of RRP subject to the ordering of at least 5 copies.
- Submission deadline: 30th June 2021.
- Long- and short-listing will take place during July and August. If an entry is short-listed its author will be notified accordingly and final approval sought for publication. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Decisions in relation to selection, layout, and format of the final volume etc. will rest with Coverstory books, and all decisions taken will be final.
- In making a submission the author is asserting that the material they are offering for publication is their own own work, is not subject to copyright elsewhere, and has not been previously published (including on-line); thus the author automatically indemnifies Coverstory books of any responsibility should legal challenges arise over the submitted work.
“New Contexts: 2” will be available via internet retailers and on order from bricks-and-mortar bookshops.