The deadline for submissions to Coverstory books‘ upcoming poetry and prose anthology, “New Contexts”, is being extended by one week to 7th October. This is to allow a little extra time to a group of invitees who received notice of the project later than intended; it is not a reflection on a poor response. At the time of writing, we have over 150 submissions.
- Poetry: please submit up to two unpublished pieces, limited to 80 lines each (excluding title).
- Prose: please submit one unpublished piece, of any length up to 2,500 words.
- Submissions should be in one of the following formats: Word document; Apple Pages document; .rtf format; plain text; or typed in an email (no .pdfs please). Ideally one file per piece.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include the title of your piece as the email subject.
- Please include your name and email address at the end of each piece submitted.
- Submission in both genres is permitted i.e. one piece of prose and up to two poems.
- There is no fee for submitting work, and no prize offered for pieces selected other than their publication.
- Submission deadline:
30th September 20207th October 2020.
- Short-listing wil take place during October. If an entry is short-listed its author will be notified accordingly and final approval sought for publication. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Decisions in relation to selection, layout (including font), and format of the final volume etc. will rest with Coverstory books, and all decisions taken will be final.
- In making a submission the author is asserting that the material they are offering for publication is their own own work, is not subject to copyright elsewhere, and has not been previously published (including on-line); thus the author automatically indemnifies Coverstory books of any responsibility should legal challenges arise over the submitted work.
- There may be circumstances where publication of “New Contexts” becomes impossible – e.g. insufficient material submitted; lack of material of suitable quality; change of circumstance within Coverstory books. In any event, Coverstory books undertakes not to publish any material in any format (including on-line) without the permission of its author.
Thank you to all those who have submitted thus far!