Coverstory books invites submissions for a literary compendium aiming to publish in January 2021. The volume – working title “New Contexts” – seeks to showcase contemporary work, both poetry and fiction, and will be made available in both Paperback and ebook formats.
- Poetry: please submit up to two unpublished pieces, limited to 80 lines each (excluding title).
- Prose: please submit one unpublished piece, of any length up to 2,500 words.
- Submissions should be in one of the following formats: Word document; Apple Pages document; .rtf format; plain text; or typed in an email (no .pdfs please).
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com; please include the title of your piece as the email subject.
- Please include your name and email address at the end of each piece submitted.
- Maximum of one submission in each genre per person. Multiple genre submissions from the same person will disqualify all your submissions.
- There is no fee for submitting work, and no prize offered for pieces selected other than their publication.
- Submission deadline: 30th September 2020.
- Long- and short-listing are likely to take place during October. If an entry is short-listed its author will be notified accordingly and final approval sought for publication. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Decisions in relation to selection, layout (including font), and format of the final volume etc. will rest with Coverstory books, and all decisions taken will be final.
- In making a submission the author is asserting that the material they are offering for publication is their own own work, is not subject to copyright elsewhere, and has not been previously published (including on-line); thus the author automatically indemnifies Coverstory books of any responsibility should legal challenges arise over the submitted work.
- There may be circumstances where publication of “New Contexts” becomes impossible – e.g. insufficient material submitted; lack of material of suitable quality; change of circumstance within Coverstory books. In any event, Coverstory books undertakes not to publish any material in any format (including on-line) without the permission of its author.
“New Contexts”will be available via internet retailers and on order from bricks-and-mortar bookshops. If successful, it is intended that “New Contexts” would become a twice-yearly publication.